Valentine's Day Statistics - Do you love spending on Valentines?
ImageFlorist | On 28, Jan 2014
It is noted that celebrations and planing for Valentine’s Day starts as early as month ago. A lot of money is spent on Valentine’s day to show love and sentiments on this special occasion. Facts and statistics however are quite unbelievable as well as consumers nearly spend $2 billion on flowers and approximately the same figure on buying candies on Valentine’s day, CNN reported.
Following are some statistics that makes your jaws wide open:
- An estimated amount that one person on average spends on Valentine’s day is $130.97. That is nearly RM450 (Malaysian Ringitt) per person.
- The estimated number of Roses grown for Valentine’s day is 224 million.
- The percentage of red roses bought on this day is 51%.
- Men who buy flowers on Valentine’s day are 64%.
- Women who buy flowers on Valentine’s day are 36%.
- Total amount spent on Valentine’s day can reach $18.6 billion.
- There are approximately 6 million people who are expecting or planning a marriage on Valentine’s day.
- The number of cards that are exchanged on Valentine’s day are 151 million.
Are you planning to purchase flowers and gifts this Valentine’s day? We have exclusive Valentine Flowers just waiting for you.